Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

This book is something amazing. It started out slow, I think I must have started reading it two or three times before I really got into it, but when I did I could not put it down. The book is set in what seems like a post-apocalyptic world where there is a disease that if infected, you will become one of the "Unconsecrated" and thus hunger for human flesh. Mary sets out to find help with a group of her friends after her village is over taken by the "Unconsecrated" to figure out if there are more villages like hers. This story is heart-achingly beautiful with a hint of something terrifying. There is a sequel, alas I have not had the chance to read it.



Movie Status: This book needs a bigger following, but would definitely be a box-office success.

Read It Status: Read, read, read it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment