Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ripple

There was a period about three months ago when I was totally obsessed with the idea of sirens. Not the kind that gives you that feeling of dread as you get pulled over by a cop, or the kind that makes you want to follow the big red truck to see where the fire is. I'm talking about the mythical kind. The so-called "mermaids" that sing beautiful, haunting songs to lure sailors to their wet, salty deaths. There are plenty of amazing books out there on them but Ripple, written by Mandy Hubbard caught my attention.

Hubbard truly makes you feel like you have to get in some kind of water as soon as possible. Her descriptions of of the desire to swim and the pain that Lexi (the main character) goes through when she is not in the water are so clear and vivid. 

The only problem I had with this book was that the plot wasn't very captivating. If you are into sirens and mythical creatures, this book has it. But if your looking for something with a little bit more pizzazz I would pass.


Movie Status: Probably never

Read It Status: Read it, but get it at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment